top of page

Historic Restoration

The Kump House preservation work utilizes a 10-year plan developed by the Mills Group recognizing that the KEC is an adaptive reuse of the property which includes the house and about 6 acres.

  • Designed by Washington D.C. architect Clarence Harding

  • Build in 1925 by T.R. Whiteman of Elkins

  • Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983

  • Completely furnished with furnishings original to the house

  • Workshops have been offered on historically appropriate restoration techniques

bottom of page